To start, you will need to create an HTML file. This can be done in any editor. In this example, I used Atom, a free editor.
Create a blank HTML file and paste following code into the document.
- Copy the embed code from your Speaker Deck page.
- Paste the embed code in between the body tags.
- Save this file (as somename.html).
- Upload this file to the Files area of your course inside of CANVAS.
In the files area of your course and find the newly created and uploaded HTML file. Click to preview the file and copy the URL.
Note: You will need to now modify the URL slightly when using it in the page. You will need to move the file ID to after the /files/ and move preview after the last /
Original URL: https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/28297/files?preview=137488123
Modified URL: https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/28297/files/137488123/preview
- Go to any page and go to edit mode
- Switch to the HTML editor and add the following iframe code:
<iframe src=" https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/28297/files/137488123/preview " width="600" height="400"></iframe>
Insert your copied file code into the src=”your modified url."
You can also change the width and heigh parameters to fit your needs.